Edwards' mistress wants return of 'private' tape
HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (AP) - January 29, 2010 -- The mistress of former presidential candidate John Edwards wants a "very private and personal" videotape back from a former aide who wrote a book about the politician.
Rielle Hunter filed a temporary restraining order against former Edwards aide Andrew Young in a North Carolina court. It seeks the return of photos and videos, including one she says she made in 2006 while working for Edwards.
In his book out this week, Young describes viewing a sex tape that showed Edwards and a woman he assumed was Hunter.
Authorities said in court filings obtained Friday by The Associated Press that Young's attorney said he could not immediately turn over the tape.
Edwards only recently admitted paternity of Hunter's daughter. He and wife, Elizabeth, have separated.
john edwards, inside politics
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 3 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 58 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 15 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
3 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
58 min ago
- Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
15 min ago