Edwards' mistress wants return of 'private' tape
HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (AP) - January 29, 2010 -- The mistress of former presidential candidate John Edwards wants a "very private and personal" videotape back from a former aide who wrote a book about the politician.
Rielle Hunter filed a temporary restraining order against former Edwards aide Andrew Young in a North Carolina court. It seeks the return of photos and videos, including one she says she made in 2006 while working for Edwards.
In his book out this week, Young describes viewing a sex tape that showed Edwards and a woman he assumed was Hunter.
Authorities said in court filings obtained Friday by The Associated Press that Young's attorney said he could not immediately turn over the tape.
Edwards only recently admitted paternity of Hunter's daughter. He and wife, Elizabeth, have separated.
john edwards, inside politics
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 30 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 45 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 30 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 25 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
45 min ago