Edwards' mistress wants return of 'private' tape
HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (AP) - January 29, 2010 -- The mistress of former presidential candidate John Edwards wants a "very private and personal" videotape back from a former aide who wrote a book about the politician.
Rielle Hunter filed a temporary restraining order against former Edwards aide Andrew Young in a North Carolina court. It seeks the return of photos and videos, including one she says she made in 2006 while working for Edwards.
In his book out this week, Young describes viewing a sex tape that showed Edwards and a woman he assumed was Hunter.
Authorities said in court filings obtained Friday by The Associated Press that Young's attorney said he could not immediately turn over the tape.
Edwards only recently admitted paternity of Hunter's daughter. He and wife, Elizabeth, have separated.
john edwards, inside politics
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 20 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 6 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 11 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
6 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos