Edwards' mistress wants return of 'private' tape
HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (AP) - January 29, 2010 -- The mistress of former presidential candidate John Edwards wants a "very private and personal" videotape back from a former aide who wrote a book about the politician.
Rielle Hunter filed a temporary restraining order against former Edwards aide Andrew Young in a North Carolina court. It seeks the return of photos and videos, including one she says she made in 2006 while working for Edwards.
In his book out this week, Young describes viewing a sex tape that showed Edwards and a woman he assumed was Hunter.
Authorities said in court filings obtained Friday by The Associated Press that Young's attorney said he could not immediately turn over the tape.
Edwards only recently admitted paternity of Hunter's daughter. He and wife, Elizabeth, have separated.
john edwards, inside politics
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 33 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 9 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
33 min ago