AP: Officers to retrieve Edwards sex tape
RALEIGH, N.C. - February 8, 2010 -- A North Carolina judge wants security officers to accompany a former John Edwards aide as he goes to retrieve a sex tape of his former boss.
Superior Court Judge Abraham Penn Jones said in an order released Monday that the Orange County sheriff has appointed a security firm to help recover the video and other items. Former Edwards loyalist Andrew Young has said he has the original tape and copies stored in an Atlanta safety deposit box. Jones wants the security officer to accompany Young into the vault.
Jones has declared Young was in contempt for not immediately turning over the tape. Edwards' mistress, Rielle Hunter, has sued Young for invasion of privacy. Young says the tape shows Edwards in a sexual encounter with a woman he assumes to be Hunter.
john edwards, north carolina, inside politics
- 2 dead after buildings explode in New York City 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 35 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 9 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 15 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 8 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 13 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
35 min ago