NJ Sen. Lautenberg back at work in DC
TRENTON, N.J. - March 2, 2010 -- New Jersey Sen. Frank Lautenberg has returned to work on Capitol Hill after being diagnosed with lymphoma and receiving his first chemotherapy treatment last week.
Lautenberg spokesman Caley Gray said the 86-year-old Democrat was attending a Tuesday afternoon hearing on Toyota recalls. Earlier, he cast votes on two judicial appointments.
The Senate's second-oldest member was hospitalized on Feb. 15 after suffering a fall at home in New Jersey. The following day he was treated for a bleeding ulcer, and it was announced Feb. 19 that the B-cell lymphoma was found in the ulcer. He was discharged Thursday.
Lautenberg did not attend a Monday morning meeting with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and the state's congressional delegation.
new jersey, sen. frank lautenberg, congress, washington, d.c., inside politics
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions 6 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start 5 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot 25 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
6 min ago
- John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
5 min ago
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
25 min ago
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos