Beau Biden's wife thanks supporters
PHILADELPHIA - May 13, 2010 -- Beau Biden's wife has sent a message to supporters saying he will soon be back up and running at full speed after suffering a mild stroke.
Hallie Biden sent the message to the Delaware attorney general's campaign supporters Thursday morning.
"Thank you so much for your prayers and well-wishes over the last couple of days. As you all know by now, we made it!" the statement reads.
She said Biden, the vice president's eldest son, will remain in the hospital for a little while but is ready to get back home. She joked that she believes he is working with their young children to plan an escape route from the Philadelphia hospital where he was taken Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Gov. Jack Markell says Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden shows no evidence of having suffered a stroke.
Markell and his wife, Carla, visited Biden on Thursday at the hospital.
Markell says Biden looks and sounds great.
delaware, newark, vice president joe biden, beau biden, inside politics
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 17 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 35 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!