VP: Beau Biden will come home next week
PHILADELPHIA - May 14, 2010 -- Vice President Joseph Biden says his eldest son will be released from the hospital next week after suffering a mild stroke.
Biden told KDKA radio in Pittsburgh that doctors plan to release Beau Biden next week from a Philadelphia hospital.
Beau Biden, Delaware's attorney general, was hospitalized Tuesday after suffering what a doctor described as a mild stroke.
He is being treated at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia.
On Thursday, Beau Biden's wife, Hallie, sent a message to her husband's campaign supporters.
"Thank you so much for your prayers and well-wishes over the last couple of days. As you all know by now, we made it!" the statement reads.
She said Biden, the vice president's eldest son, will remain in the hospital for a little while but is ready to get back home.
She joked that she believes he is working with their young children to plan an escape route from the Philadelphia hospital where he was taken Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Gov. Jack Markell says Beau Biden shows no evidence of having suffered a stroke.
Markell and his wife, Carla, visited Biden on Thursday at the hospital.
Markell says Biden looks and sounds great.
delaware, newark, vice president joe biden, beau biden, inside politics
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 26 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 2 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 14 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
6 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
26 min ago