Del. AG Beau Biden released from hospital
PHILADELPHIA - May 18, 2010 -- Vice President Joe Biden's son left the hospital Tuesday, a week after suffering what doctors said was a mild stroke.
Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, 41, walked out of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia about 1 p.m., accompanied by his father-in-law and carrying his 4-year-old son, Hunter.
"Good to be headed home," Biden told media gathered outside the hospital before getting into the front passenger seat of a sport utility vehicle.
Biden will continue recuperating at his Wilmington home, and it is unclear when he might return to work.
In a statement released by the attorney general's office, Dr. Robert Rosenwasser of the Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience described Biden as neurologically normal.
"I am extremely pleased about his status as of discharge and have released him to assume full responsibilities as attorney general after a brief period of rest at home," Rosenwasser said.
Biden was admitted to Christiana Hospital in Newark last Tuesday and transferred later that day to Thomas Jefferson, the largest center in the region for treating strokes and aneurysms.
Biden announced in January that he would not run for the Senate seat his father held for more than 30 years, but instead would seek re-election as attorney general.
delaware, newark, vice president joe biden, beau biden, inside politics
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 30 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 40 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 39 min ago