Offices of State Rep., staffer and judge raided
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - August 18, 2010 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that federal authorities conducted raids this morning involving Pa. State Representative William Keller.
Federal investigators carted out files and cases from a home in Rose Valley, Delaware County. The house belongs to Marty O'Rourke, a campaign aide to State Representative Bill Keller.
Both the IRS and FBI would only say they were conducting official business during a series of raids conducted this morning.
Federal agents also carried out box after box on East Moyamensing Avenue from KO Sporting Goods, a store partially owned by Keller.
While authorities were tight-lipped, the boxes were labeled as obtained by search warrant, and contained business documents, invoices, financial investment records, and payroll information.
Keller's 2nd Street office was also raided, as well as the South Philadelphia home of Traffic Court Judge Robert Mulgrew.
State Representative Bill Keller is 59 years old and the father of two. He graduated from Bishop-Neumann Highschool in 1968, LaSalle College in 1972.
He is a longshoreman from local 1291 from 1968-92 and a member of the House of Representatives since 1993, as well as, being the vice president of the Mummer's Parade.
His attorney, Fortunato Perri Jr., tells Action News the raids come as a complete shock and said Keller is not involved in anything criminal and will continue in his post.
"Representative Keller will continue to represent the constituents in his legislative district and if there are any other requests from the federal government for investigation or documents, we're certainly happy to comply, but that would be the extent of it from our perspective," Perri said.
Perri says he believes Keller is not the target of the investigation, but who is authorities are not disclosing.
philadelphia, fbi, irs, corruption, inside politics
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 24 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control 5 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
24 min ago