O'Donnell to speak at Values Voter Summit
WASHINGTON - September 16, 2010 -- Delaware's GOP Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell is scheduled to speak at the conservative Family Research Council's fifth annual Values Voter Summit in Washington.
The chairman of the group's political action committee, Tony Perkins, says O'Donnell will speak at the event Friday afternoon. Perkins says the organization has endorsed O'Donnell and they "applaud her for valiantly defending faith, family and freedom" during her campaign.
O'Donnell ousted nine-term GOP Congressman Mike Castle in Tuesday's primary election to represent Republicans on the ballot in November in the race to fill the Senate seat formerly held by Vice President Joseph Biden.
Other Values Voter Summit speakers include Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.
delaware, wilmington, christine o'donnell, tea party, republicans, inside politics
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 31 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 25 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 52 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 44 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Tracking Weekend Storm
5 min ago
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos