Complaint: O'Donnell paid rent with campaign funds
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 20, 2010 -- A government watchdog group says Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell used campaign funds to pay her rent and other personal expenses.
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington has filed a complaint against O'Donnell with the Federal Elections Commission and is asking federal prosecutors to investigate her.
The complaint is based largely on a sworn statement by O'Donnell's former campaign finance consultant, David Keegan. He says O'Donnell used campaign funds to pay her rent in both March and April 2009, then listed the spending as "reimbursement expenses."
The complaint also accuses O'Donnell of using campaign funds to pay for gas, meals and a bowling outing.
O'Donnell is a tea party favorite who upset longtime Rep. Mike Castle in Delaware's GOP Senate primary.
delaware, christine o'donnell, election, inside politics
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 9 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 36 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 30 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 28 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 48 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
30 min ago