O'Donnell, Coons to face off at University of Delaware
September 22, 2010 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that the two U.S. Senate candidates from Delaware will debate one another next month at the University of Delaware.
Republican Christine O'Donnell will face off against Democrat Chris Coons.
Meantime, Coons, a New Castle County Executive, spoke with a group at the Senior Center on North Market Street in Wilmington Wednesday. He talked about issues facing voters of all ages.
Coons presented the Senior Center with a proclamation in honor of its work to bring the community together.
Coons' opponent, Republican Christine O'Donnell, announced last night that she will not do anymore interviews on national television. Her decision comes after the release of an 11-year-old videotape of O'Donnell talking about dabbling in witchcraft.
She has since said it was just 'teenage rebellion'.
O'Donnell told a cable news program last night that she wants to focus now just on Delaware, following the advice of Sarah Palin.
christine o'donnell, chris coons, delaware, inside politics
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
17 min ago