O'Donnell, Coons to face off at University of Delaware
September 22, 2010 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that the two U.S. Senate candidates from Delaware will debate one another next month at the University of Delaware.
Republican Christine O'Donnell will face off against Democrat Chris Coons.
Meantime, Coons, a New Castle County Executive, spoke with a group at the Senior Center on North Market Street in Wilmington Wednesday. He talked about issues facing voters of all ages.
Coons presented the Senior Center with a proclamation in honor of its work to bring the community together.
Coons' opponent, Republican Christine O'Donnell, announced last night that she will not do anymore interviews on national television. Her decision comes after the release of an 11-year-old videotape of O'Donnell talking about dabbling in witchcraft.
She has since said it was just 'teenage rebellion'.
O'Donnell told a cable news program last night that she wants to focus now just on Delaware, following the advice of Sarah Palin.
christine o'donnell, chris coons, delaware, inside politics
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos