O'Donnell ad firm: demon sheep, but no witches
DOVER, Del. - October 5, 2010 -- The marketing firm hoping to convince Delaware voters that Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell is not a witch is no stranger to provocative ads.
O'Donnell opens her first general election TV ad by asserting she is not a witch, a reference to a 1999 late-night talk show appearance in which she said she had dabbled in witchcraft as a teenager.
The ad was produced by Strategic Perceptions, which was also behind the "Demon Sheep" ad earlier this year for California Senate candidate Carly Fiorina. That ad, which went viral on the Internet, portrayed Fiorina's GOP primary opponent Tom Campbell as a demonic wolf in sheep's clothing, pretending to be just another member of a herd of fiscal conservatives.
delaware, christine o'donnell, tea party, inside politics
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 33 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
33 min ago
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos