Poll shows Corbett, Toomey, leading Pa. races
HARRISBURG, Pa. - November 1, 2010 -- A new poll shows the Republican candidates leading in Pennsylvania's election contests for U.S Senate and governor.
The survey by Connecticut-based Quinnipiac University released Monday showed former U.S. Rep. Pat Toomey with an apparent lead over the Democratic nominee, U.S. Rep. Joe Sestak - 50 percent to 45 percent among likely voters.
The poll indicated Republican Tom Corbett, the state attorney general, has a solid lead in the governor's race with 52 percent and his Democratic foe Dan Onorato, the elected executive of Allegheny County, at 42 percent.
The telephone survey of 1,244 likely voters was conducted over the five-day period ending Saturday. The sampling error margin is plus or minus 2.8 percentage points.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, election, tom corbett, dan onorato, joe sestak, pat toomey, inside politics
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 32 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 3 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
1 min ago
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos