Poll shows Corbett, Toomey, leading Pa. races
HARRISBURG, Pa. - November 1, 2010 -- A new poll shows the Republican candidates leading in Pennsylvania's election contests for U.S Senate and governor.
The survey by Connecticut-based Quinnipiac University released Monday showed former U.S. Rep. Pat Toomey with an apparent lead over the Democratic nominee, U.S. Rep. Joe Sestak - 50 percent to 45 percent among likely voters.
The poll indicated Republican Tom Corbett, the state attorney general, has a solid lead in the governor's race with 52 percent and his Democratic foe Dan Onorato, the elected executive of Allegheny County, at 42 percent.
The telephone survey of 1,244 likely voters was conducted over the five-day period ending Saturday. The sampling error margin is plus or minus 2.8 percentage points.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, election, tom corbett, dan onorato, joe sestak, pat toomey, inside politics
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 3 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 15 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 8 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 38 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
15 min ago