Pelosi says 'no regrets' on last day as speaker
WASHINGTON - January 4, 2011 -- Democrat Nancy Pelosi says she has no regrets on her last day as House speaker, a reign that lasted four years and is ending after the November elections.
Pelosi said Tuesday she looks forward to leading a loyal but tenacious opposition in the House. She started by calling Republicans hypocrites for trying to repeal the new health care law, which would increase the deficit.
Republican John Boehner of Ohio will be sworn in as the new speaker on Wednesday, and Pelosi will be demoted to minority leader. Republicans have already scheduled a vote for next week on repealing the sweeping new health care law, an effort that is sure to fail in the Senate.
washington, d.c., congress, nancy pelosi, inside politics
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 11 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 31 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ