AP: O'Donnell says FEC complaint tossed
DOVER, Del. - June 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Former U.S. Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell says the Federal Election Commission has dismissed a complaint filed against her during last year's campaign by the Delaware Republican Party.
The state GOP accused O'Donnell and the Tea Party Express of violating FEC rules that restrict coordination between candidates and outside political organizations.
The complaint alleged that the Tea Party Express solicited donors to contribute to O'Donnell and that O'Donnell and the group worked jointly on advertising, breaching federal rules.
In a post on her Twitter account Thursday, O'Donnell said the FEC had dismissed the complaint, which she described as frivolous and politically motivated. O'Donnell's campaign lawyer confirmed that the complaint had been dismissed.
delaware, christine o'donnell, inside politics
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 3 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail 29 min ago
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 48 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Tonight at 11: Are undercover stings...
41 min ago