Christie says he doesn't regret helicopter use
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - June 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie tells CNN's Piers Morgan that he would make the same decision again to use a state police helicopter to attend two of his son's baseball games and a political event.
Christie headlined Morgan's hour-long show Tuesday night.
In the interview, Christie says he would not have made a different decision about using the helicopter but would pay for it upfront to prevent the bad public perception.
As it happened, Christie says he paid for the ride afterward because he thought it was important to let the public know he wasn't using the helicopter "as a perk of public office."
Morgan taped the interview with Christie at his home, at Livingston High School, where he attended, and at the Ritz Diner in Livingston.
new jersey, trenton, gov. chris christie, cnn, inside politics
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim 59 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 8 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 33 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
59 min ago