Christie says he doesn't regret helicopter use
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - June 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie tells CNN's Piers Morgan that he would make the same decision again to use a state police helicopter to attend two of his son's baseball games and a political event.
Christie headlined Morgan's hour-long show Tuesday night.
In the interview, Christie says he would not have made a different decision about using the helicopter but would pay for it upfront to prevent the bad public perception.
As it happened, Christie says he paid for the ride afterward because he thought it was important to let the public know he wasn't using the helicopter "as a perk of public office."
Morgan taped the interview with Christie at his home, at Livingston High School, where he attended, and at the Ritz Diner in Livingston.
new jersey, trenton, gov. chris christie, cnn, inside politics
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr