Christie says he doesn't regret helicopter use
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - June 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie tells CNN's Piers Morgan that he would make the same decision again to use a state police helicopter to attend two of his son's baseball games and a political event.
Christie headlined Morgan's hour-long show Tuesday night.
In the interview, Christie says he would not have made a different decision about using the helicopter but would pay for it upfront to prevent the bad public perception.
As it happened, Christie says he paid for the ride afterward because he thought it was important to let the public know he wasn't using the helicopter "as a perk of public office."
Morgan taped the interview with Christie at his home, at Livingston High School, where he attended, and at the Ritz Diner in Livingston.
new jersey, trenton, gov. chris christie, cnn, inside politics
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada 8 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 15 min ago
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 15 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
15 min ago