Biden's brother fine after powder scare in Florida
OCEAN RIDGE, Fla. - October 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Vice President Joe Biden's younger brother says he's feeling "a little itchy" but otherwise fine after powder spilled from a suspicious package sent to his Florida home.
Francis Biden was hospitalized overnight after opening the manila envelope Saturday.
Biden's neighbors were evacuated while authorities investigated. The FBI determined that the powder was harmless.
Biden told the Sun Sentinel on Sunday that he called the vice president from the ambulance to see if the envelope was part of a larger event.
Biden says his brother assured him nothing was happening.
Biden said the envelope had a postmark from India, but he didn't know more about its origins.
vice president joe biden, inside politics
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 14 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 24 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
24 min ago
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos