Perry weighing whether to drop bid
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -January 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry's campaign is telling staffers he will decide in the next day or two whether to stay in the race for the Republican presidential nomination.
That was the message Perry's national political director delivered on a conference call with staffers Wednesday morning, a day after Perry came in fifth in the leadoff Iowa presidential caucuses.
Early Wednesday, advisers said Perry would look closely at the Iowa results, review the organizational and financial resources, and assess the political landscape in South Carolina and beyond.
But after a dismal showing, pressure was building for him to drop out.
rick perry, republicans, inside politics
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids