Perry weighing whether to drop bid
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -January 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry's campaign is telling staffers he will decide in the next day or two whether to stay in the race for the Republican presidential nomination.
That was the message Perry's national political director delivered on a conference call with staffers Wednesday morning, a day after Perry came in fifth in the leadoff Iowa presidential caucuses.
Early Wednesday, advisers said Perry would look closely at the Iowa results, review the organizational and financial resources, and assess the political landscape in South Carolina and beyond.
But after a dismal showing, pressure was building for him to drop out.
rick perry, republicans, inside politics
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 58 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 34 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 31 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 37 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 13 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
24 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos