Stephen Colbert talks about presidential ambitions
WASHINGTON - January 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Comedian Stephen Colbert says that just because his name won't appear on Saturday's ballot in South Carolina's Republican primary doesn't mean he couldn't become president, or even pope, someday.
In an oftentimes awkward, meandering interview on Sunday, Colbert told ABC's "This Week" that he established a presidential exploratory committee last week that consists of "someone who is good with explosives," a mountain climber and a brain in a jar.
He likened himself to a "one-man Louis and Clark" expedition looking for his Sacagawea.
Colbert said if his quest for presidency doesn't work out, he would be willing to throw his weight behind one of the other candidates. He said: "All they have to do is come kiss my ring like they did Donald Trump's."
Colbert grew up in South Carolina.
south carolina, election, inside politics
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 48 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 15 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 13 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 14 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
48 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
32 min ago