Campaign officials: Huntsman to quit GOP race
WASHINGTON (AP) - January 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jon Huntsman will withdraw Monday from the race for the Republican presidential nomination.
Campaign officials tell The Associated Press Huntsman will endorse Mitt Romney at an event in South Carolina on Monday morning.
The former Utah governor placed third in last week's New Hampshire primary despite devoting much of his campaign resources to the state. He had already acknowledged that expectations for him in South Carolina's primary this week will be "very low."
Huntsman was routinely at the bottom of national polls, barely registering at 1 or 2 percent.
The campaign officials spoke on condition of anonymity because Huntsman plans to make the official announcement Monday.
republicans, mitt romney, newt gingrich, rick santorum, election, ron paul, michele bachmann, jon huntsman, rick perry, inside politics
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 11 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 25 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
11 min ago
- Dead body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
33 min ago
- N.Y. mom arrested for living in U-Haul van
42 min ago
- Texas twin boys fight off carjacker
51 min ago