Gingrich ex to ABC News: He sought "open marriage"
January 19, 2012 -- Newt Gingrich lacks the moral character to serve as President, his second ex-wife Marianne told ABC News, saying his campaign positions on the sanctity of marriage and the importance of family values do not square with what she saw during their 18 years of marriage.
In her first television interview since the 1999 divorce, to be broadcast tonight on Nightline, Marianne Gingrich, a self-described conservative Republican, said she is coming forward now so voters can know what she knows about Gingrich.
CLICK HERE to see a preview of ABC News' exclusive broadcast interview with Marianne Gingrich and then catch the full interview tonight on ABC News' Nightline at 11:35 p.m. ET.
In her most provocative comments, the ex-Mrs. Gingrich said Newt sought an "open marriage" arrangement so he could have a mistress and a wife.
Read more about this interview at ABCNews.com
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 36 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 8 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 27 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 57 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 59 min ago
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 39 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 49 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
2 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
36 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
27 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
57 min ago