Cain backs Gingrich's presidential bid
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - January 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Former presidential hopeful Herman Cain is backing Newt Gingrich's White House bid.
Cain endorsed his fellow Georgian Saturday, just days before Florida's primary, at a GOP fundraiser.
Gingrich was also slated to speak to the group later Saturday night.
Gingrich, a former House speaker, is in a fierce fight for Tuesday's Florida's GOP primary with Mitt Romney.
Cain, a favorite of the tea party and a former pizza executive, left the race before the first nominating contests facing accusations of unwanted sexual advances. He remains popular, however, and would be a late boost for Gingrich.
election, herman cain, newt gingrich, inside politics
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing 48 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts 56 min ago
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still...
48 min ago