Cain backs Gingrich's presidential bid
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - January 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Former presidential hopeful Herman Cain is backing Newt Gingrich's White House bid.
Cain endorsed his fellow Georgian Saturday, just days before Florida's primary, at a GOP fundraiser.
Gingrich was also slated to speak to the group later Saturday night.
Gingrich, a former House speaker, is in a fierce fight for Tuesday's Florida's GOP primary with Mitt Romney.
Cain, a favorite of the tea party and a former pizza executive, left the race before the first nominating contests facing accusations of unwanted sexual advances. He remains popular, however, and would be a late boost for Gingrich.
election, herman cain, newt gingrich, inside politics
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 29 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 17 min ago
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden 8 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 6 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial