Rick Santorum remains in Pa. while daughter is hospitalized
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - January 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Republican Rick Santorum is staying home in Philadelphia to be with this hospitalized daughter and is canceling campaign stops in Florida.
Santorum's campaign says the former senator will stay in Pennsylvania with 3-year-old Bella, who has a genetic condition known as Trisomy 18. The condition typically proves fatal and Santorum often says his daughter wasn't expected to live past 12 months.
Spokesman Hogan Gidley says Santorum hopes to return to a campaign schedule soon.
Santorum canceled his appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press" and a stop at a Miami church.
Santorum is sending his 20-year-old daughter Elizabeth to Sarasota and Punta Gorda for campaign appearances on later Sunday.
Florida's presidential primary is on Tuesday.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, rick santorum, inside politics
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 10 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 7 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 5 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 1 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 6 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 1 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
3 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
1 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
7 min ago