"Eye of the Tiger" composer sues Gingrich
CHICAGO (AP) - January 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- The composer of the "Rocky III" anthem "Eye of the Tiger" is suing Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich to stop him from using the song at campaign events.
The federal lawsuit, filed Monday in Chicago by Rude Music Inc., contends Gingrich has used the song since 2009 to herald his arrival at rallies and public events.
The lawsuit says Gingrich uses the song without the permission of Frank Sullivan, who with Jim Peterik, composed the song and copyrighted it in 1982.
The lawsuit asks for an injunction to prevent Gingrich from using the song, as well as damages and attorneys' fees
Attorneys for the Gingrich campaign couldn't be reached for comment late Monday.
florida, ron paul, election, mitt romney, newt gingrich, rick santorum, inside politics
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 49 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings 47 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 29 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 33 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 14 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
33 min ago
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos