"Eye of the Tiger" composer sues Gingrich
CHICAGO (AP) - January 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- The composer of the "Rocky III" anthem "Eye of the Tiger" is suing Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich to stop him from using the song at campaign events.
The federal lawsuit, filed Monday in Chicago by Rude Music Inc., contends Gingrich has used the song since 2009 to herald his arrival at rallies and public events.
The lawsuit says Gingrich uses the song without the permission of Frank Sullivan, who with Jim Peterik, composed the song and copyrighted it in 1982.
The lawsuit asks for an injunction to prevent Gingrich from using the song, as well as damages and attorneys' fees
Attorneys for the Gingrich campaign couldn't be reached for comment late Monday.
florida, ron paul, election, mitt romney, newt gingrich, rick santorum, inside politics
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville 47 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
47 min ago