Santorum says daughter Bella out of hospital
FALLON, Nev. (AP) - February 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Rick Santorum says his 3-year-old daughter, Bella, is home from the hospital after a bout with pneumonia.
Santorum told reporters that his daughter left the hospital on Thursday and is back at her Virginia home. Santorum took a break from campaigning last weekend to rush home to be with his ailing daughter.
Bella Santorum has genetic disorder Trisomy 18, which her father often describes to audiences as "incompatible with life." Any health issues can prove fatal for the youngster.
Santorum canceled his schedule last Sunday, just before Florida had its primary on Tuesday. Santorum decided to pull out of the state to stay home and then focus on upcoming contests in Missouri, Minnesota, Colorado and Nevada.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, rick santorum, inside politics
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 36 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
36 min ago
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos