Santorum says daughter Bella out of hospital
FALLON, Nev. (AP) - February 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Rick Santorum says his 3-year-old daughter, Bella, is home from the hospital after a bout with pneumonia.
Santorum told reporters that his daughter left the hospital on Thursday and is back at her Virginia home. Santorum took a break from campaigning last weekend to rush home to be with his ailing daughter.
Bella Santorum has genetic disorder Trisomy 18, which her father often describes to audiences as "incompatible with life." Any health issues can prove fatal for the youngster.
Santorum canceled his schedule last Sunday, just before Florida had its primary on Tuesday. Santorum decided to pull out of the state to stay home and then focus on upcoming contests in Missouri, Minnesota, Colorado and Nevada.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, rick santorum, inside politics
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ