Joseph Kennedy III launches campaign for Congress
NEWTON, Mass. - February 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Joseph Kennedy III has launched his campaign for the Massachusetts congressional seat now held by retiring U.S. Rep. Barney Frank.
Kennedy released a video announcement on his website Thursday before heading out on a campaign swing through the 4th Congressional District.
Kennedy started by greeting commuters at the Newton Center MBTA Station and talking to customers at a nearby diner. He is scheduled to make stops later in Milford, Attleboro, Taunton and Westport.
Kennedy is the son of former U.S. Rep. Joseph Kennedy II and a grandson of the late Robert F. Kennedy.
He told commuters he's proud of his family's legacy, but knows he has to earn voter support. He cited his late great-uncle Sen. Edward M. Kennedy as an example of how to reach across the aisle.
congress, inside politics
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby 16 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 9 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge 14 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire 40 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting