Joseph Kennedy III launches campaign for Congress
NEWTON, Mass. - February 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Joseph Kennedy III has launched his campaign for the Massachusetts congressional seat now held by retiring U.S. Rep. Barney Frank.
Kennedy released a video announcement on his website Thursday before heading out on a campaign swing through the 4th Congressional District.
Kennedy started by greeting commuters at the Newton Center MBTA Station and talking to customers at a nearby diner. He is scheduled to make stops later in Milford, Attleboro, Taunton and Westport.
Kennedy is the son of former U.S. Rep. Joseph Kennedy II and a grandson of the late Robert F. Kennedy.
He told commuters he's proud of his family's legacy, but knows he has to earn voter support. He cited his late great-uncle Sen. Edward M. Kennedy as an example of how to reach across the aisle.
congress, inside politics
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 42 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 4 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 14 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 21 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
14 min ago