Christie's trip to Israel gets under way
JERUSALEM - April 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie arrived in Israel Monday for a weeklong trip.
Christie met with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and plans to visit Jerusalem's Western Wall.
Christie is traveling with his family and a delegation of 13 business and religious leaders on what is primarily a trade mission. While in Israel, he plans to tour a pharmaceutical facility, participate in a business roundtable and visit a school.
Toward the end of the week, the Christie family will head to Jordan before flying home Sunday.
Several New Jersey governors have traveled to Israel since Gov. Tom Kean established ties with the state in the late 1980s. But this is Christie's first official trip overseas.
new jersey, gov. chris christie, israel, inside politics
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos