Santorum daughter Bella taken to hospital
WASHINGTON - April 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- The ill daughter of Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum has been taken to the hospital.
Santorum's campaign said Friday that 3-year-old Bella had been returned to the hospital. She has the rare genetic condition Trisomy 18 and was hospitalized earlier this year with pneumonia.
Santorum's campaign did not identify the hospital or say why her parents took Bella there.
The former Pennsylvania senator is spending a few days off the trail for Easter.
Bella's condition typically proves fatal. Santorum often says she wasn't expected to live past her first birthday.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, rick santorum, inside politics
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 48 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally