Santorum to stay with ailing daughter Monday
WASHINGTON - April 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Rick Santorum plans no campaign events on Monday and will spend time with his wife and ailing daughter Bella.
Campaign spokesman Hogan Gidley said this weekend that the former Pennsylvania senator "will not hold any campaign related events on Monday so that he and Karen can remain in the hospital with their daughter Bella." Gidley said the Santorums are grateful for the many prayers and messages of support from people.
Santorum's campaign said Friday that 3-year-old Bella had been returned to the hospital. She has the rare genetic condition Trisomy 18 and was hospitalized earlier this year with pneumonia. Bella's condition typically proves to be fatal.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, rick santorum, inside politics
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands