Santorum to stay with ailing daughter Monday
WASHINGTON - April 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Rick Santorum plans no campaign events on Monday and will spend time with his wife and ailing daughter Bella.
Campaign spokesman Hogan Gidley said this weekend that the former Pennsylvania senator "will not hold any campaign related events on Monday so that he and Karen can remain in the hospital with their daughter Bella." Gidley said the Santorums are grateful for the many prayers and messages of support from people.
Santorum's campaign said Friday that 3-year-old Bella had been returned to the hospital. She has the rare genetic condition Trisomy 18 and was hospitalized earlier this year with pneumonia. Bella's condition typically proves to be fatal.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, rick santorum, inside politics
- New sighting reported of missing student's car 30 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online 40 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 21 min ago
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson 48 min ago
- Tornadoes slam Plains, Midwest; 1 dead in Okla.
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl 31 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
21 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's...
30 min ago
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos