Del. GOP official endorses Newt Gingrich
DOVER, Del. (AP) - April 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich says he has won the support of a Delaware GOP official who previously had endorsed Mitt Romney.
The Gingrich campaign said Friday that Kent County Republican Party chairman Hans Reigle is switching his support from Romney to Gingrich.
Reigle, a retired Air Force pilot and former mayor of Wyoming, Del., said in a statement that Gingrich is the only candidate who has shown a willingness to meet and talk with Delaware voters for more than hour.
Gingrich has made several campaign stops in Delaware over the past few weeks, with more appearances scheduled before Tuesday's primary.
The only other visit to Delaware by a GOP presidential candidate was a brief stop by Romney last week in Wilmington.
delaware, republicans, newt gingrich, election, inside politics
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility 42 min ago
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia