Does polling show Pa. problems for Pres.?
PHILADELPHIA -June 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- President Obama is getting a warm welcome here in Philadelphia today, but a new poll suggests Pennsylvania may present the President with some very big problems.Quinnipiac University is out with new numbers that do show if the election were held today, President Obama would carry Pennsylvania, 44 percent supporting him, 40 percent for Republican Mitt Romney. You can see the results of Quinnipiac's latest poll by following this link. The problem for the president is that the election is not today, and those numbers don't tell the whole story. Support for the president in Pennsylvania has been eroding. The same poll conducted back in May, had the President with 47 percent, compared to 39 percent for Romney.
When it comes to the critical issue of this election, Pennsylvanians are picking Governor Romney.
Who do you think would do a better job when it comes to the economy? 49 percent say Romney, 41 percent say Obama.
In the key voting bloc that is Independents, Romney is running away with it on this issue: 51% Romney would better handle the economy
34% Obama would better handle the economy
With less than 5 months until the election, Pennsylvania is proving every bit the battleground state it has historically been.
pennsylvania, election, president barack obama, mitt romney, 6at4, inside politics
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 22 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar