Romney entourage crashes NJ wedding site
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (AP) - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mitt Romney is crashing a New Jersey wedding.
The Republican presidential contender's motorcade rolled into a fundraiser Wednesday evening as a bride and groom were posing for pictures in the parking lot outside the hall in Lakewood, N.J.
Several men in yarmulkes who were standing nearby turned their cameras away from the couple, and a few men outside the hall chased the motorcade around the corner. Whether they were members of the wedding or Romney supporters from the heavily Orthodox Jewish community was unclear.
A Romney aide says Romney met the bride and groom and took pictures with them before his fundraiser, which raised $1.5 million.
Guests to Romney's event were advised they needed to leave promptly. The wedding was set to start at 6 p.m.
new jersey, mitt romney, inside politics
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop 45 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos