Romney entourage crashes NJ wedding site
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (AP) - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mitt Romney is crashing a New Jersey wedding.
The Republican presidential contender's motorcade rolled into a fundraiser Wednesday evening as a bride and groom were posing for pictures in the parking lot outside the hall in Lakewood, N.J.
Several men in yarmulkes who were standing nearby turned their cameras away from the couple, and a few men outside the hall chased the motorcade around the corner. Whether they were members of the wedding or Romney supporters from the heavily Orthodox Jewish community was unclear.
A Romney aide says Romney met the bride and groom and took pictures with them before his fundraiser, which raised $1.5 million.
Guests to Romney's event were advised they needed to leave promptly. The wedding was set to start at 6 p.m.
new jersey, mitt romney, inside politics
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found
- Central Pa. man arrested for 2 DUIs in 2 hours 7 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's