Michelle Obama campaigning in Philly, Bethlehem
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The nation's first lady is hitting the campaign trail in eastern Pennsylvania.
Michelle Obama is exhorting grass roots supporters to keep working hard for her husband's re-election.
The first lady rallied hundreds of people on Thursday at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, the first of three stops in the state. She says President Barack Obama has fought to keep the American dream alive for the middle class.
She later plans to attend campaign events in suburban Fort Washington and farther north in Bethlehem.
Pennsylvania voted for Obama in 2008. However, the state has a strict new voter identification law that critics say will disenfranchise likely Democratic supporters in November.
The law is being challenged in state court.
michelle obama, philadelphia, west philadelphia, pennsylvania, bethlehem, inside politics
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 4 min ago
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 30 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
43 min ago