Obama team: Romney, Ryan would hurt middle class
WASHINGTON - August 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama's campaign says Mitt Romney's selection of Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as his running mate shows a commitment to "budget-busting tax cuts" for the wealthy and "greater burdens" on the middle class and seniors.
Obama campaign manager Jim Messina calls Ryan is the "architect of the radical Republican House budget" proposal and says the plan "would end Medicare as we know it."
The Obama campaign said Saturday the Republican ticket would return the nation to "reckless Bush economic policies that exploded our deficit and crashed our economy."
Democrats are expected to seize upon Ryan's authorship of a House-backed budget plan that would curb overall entitlement spending and changes Medicare into a voucher-like system.
The president is traveling to Chicago on Saturday but had no public events planned.
election, mitt romney, president barack obama, democrats, republicans, inside politics
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 2 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 53 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ 6 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Rare fish found off Delaware River
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
50 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
53 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
2 min ago