Eva Longoria says Obama will protect middle class
WASHINGTON (AP) - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actress Eva Longoria says she changed oil in a mechanic's shop, flipped burgers at Wendy's, and taught aerobics to pay off her college loans. She needed a tax break back then, but not anymore.
President Barack Obama will ensure that hard work and ambition are rewarded with opportunity, the "Desperate Housewives" star said Thursday at the Democratic National Convention. Obama has cut taxes for working Americans and small business owners, Longoria said, while Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney wants to cut taxes for wealthier people like her.
Romney, however, has said he will not raise taxes on the middle class.
Longoria, a co-chair for Obama's re-election campaign, says she has traveled the country for the president and has been struck by how optimistic people are.
democrats, inside politics
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 33 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 25 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
19 min ago