Eva Longoria says Obama will protect middle class
WASHINGTON (AP) - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actress Eva Longoria says she changed oil in a mechanic's shop, flipped burgers at Wendy's, and taught aerobics to pay off her college loans. She needed a tax break back then, but not anymore.
President Barack Obama will ensure that hard work and ambition are rewarded with opportunity, the "Desperate Housewives" star said Thursday at the Democratic National Convention. Obama has cut taxes for working Americans and small business owners, Longoria said, while Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney wants to cut taxes for wealthier people like her.
Romney, however, has said he will not raise taxes on the middle class.
Longoria, a co-chair for Obama's re-election campaign, says she has traveled the country for the president and has been struck by how optimistic people are.
democrats, inside politics
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
- Another Beauty
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51 11 min ago
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Photos: Pictures of bear sightings in the area
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age...
11 min ago
- NJ Gov. Christie is still a Dallas Cowboys...
35 min ago
- Sofitel Philadelphia's garden on the rooftop
37 min ago