Pa. senator's son found dead of apparent overdose
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - September 11, 2012 -- The 21-year-old son of a Pennsylvania state senator is dead of what officials are describing as an accidental drug overdose.
Police said Tuesday that Ryan Brubaker's body was discovered shortly after 8 a.m. by a family member at their home in Lancaster County. Brubaker is the son of state Sen. Michael Brubaker.
Lancaster County Coroner Dr. Stephen Diamantoni told the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era that the young man's death appears to be an accident, and a toxicology report is forthcoming.
The younger Brubaker had several drug-related charges and driving-under-the-influence charges pending against him in court.
In one case, he was charged earlier this year after police say he exchanged prescription drugs with another young man, who later died of a drug overdose.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era , http://lancasteronline.com
pennsylvania, lancaster county, drugs, inside politics
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 14 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries 31 min ago
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 27 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 15 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought