Pa. senator's son found dead of apparent overdose
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - September 11, 2012 -- The 21-year-old son of a Pennsylvania state senator is dead of what officials are describing as an accidental drug overdose.
Police said Tuesday that Ryan Brubaker's body was discovered shortly after 8 a.m. by a family member at their home in Lancaster County. Brubaker is the son of state Sen. Michael Brubaker.
Lancaster County Coroner Dr. Stephen Diamantoni told the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era that the young man's death appears to be an accident, and a toxicology report is forthcoming.
The younger Brubaker had several drug-related charges and driving-under-the-influence charges pending against him in court.
In one case, he was charged earlier this year after police say he exchanged prescription drugs with another young man, who later died of a drug overdose.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era , http://lancasteronline.com
pennsylvania, lancaster county, drugs, inside politics
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 12 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 13 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
13 min ago