Markell wins second term as Delaware governor
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - November 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware Democratic Gov. Jack Markell has easily won election to a second term, defeating Republican Jeff Cragg.
During the campaign, Markell touted his record in attracting and retaining jobs in Delaware, including helping a company buy and restart the idled oil refinery in Delaware City. Markell also boasted of his administration's education reform record, including being one of the first two states to wine federal Race to the Top funding
But Cragg pointed out that tens of thousands of Delawareans are still unemployed, and he criticized Markell for gambling millions of taxpayer dollars trying to lure electric car maker Fisker Automotive and fuel cell manufacturer Bloom Energy to Delaware.
delaware, gov. jack markell, election, inside politics
- 3 children rescued from Southest Phila. house fire 1 min ago
- Windy And Cool 52 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadephia man arrested for firing shots at police 26 min ago
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt. 30 min ago
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Windy And Cool
52 min ago
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos