Markell wins second term as Delaware governor
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - November 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware Democratic Gov. Jack Markell has easily won election to a second term, defeating Republican Jeff Cragg.
During the campaign, Markell touted his record in attracting and retaining jobs in Delaware, including helping a company buy and restart the idled oil refinery in Delaware City. Markell also boasted of his administration's education reform record, including being one of the first two states to wine federal Race to the Top funding
But Cragg pointed out that tens of thousands of Delawareans are still unemployed, and he criticized Markell for gambling millions of taxpayer dollars trying to lure electric car maker Fisker Automotive and fuel cell manufacturer Bloom Energy to Delaware.
delaware, gov. jack markell, election, inside politics
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 25 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 11 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 10 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 5 min ago
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 18 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
15 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
25 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
11 min ago