Markell wins second term as Delaware governor
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - November 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware Democratic Gov. Jack Markell has easily won election to a second term, defeating Republican Jeff Cragg.
During the campaign, Markell touted his record in attracting and retaining jobs in Delaware, including helping a company buy and restart the idled oil refinery in Delaware City. Markell also boasted of his administration's education reform record, including being one of the first two states to wine federal Race to the Top funding
But Cragg pointed out that tens of thousands of Delawareans are still unemployed, and he criticized Markell for gambling millions of taxpayer dollars trying to lure electric car maker Fisker Automotive and fuel cell manufacturer Bloom Energy to Delaware.
delaware, gov. jack markell, election, inside politics
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 6 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 40 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 45 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 56 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
51 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
6 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
40 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
45 min ago
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos