Markell wins second term as Delaware governor
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - November 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware Democratic Gov. Jack Markell has easily won election to a second term, defeating Republican Jeff Cragg.
During the campaign, Markell touted his record in attracting and retaining jobs in Delaware, including helping a company buy and restart the idled oil refinery in Delaware City. Markell also boasted of his administration's education reform record, including being one of the first two states to wine federal Race to the Top funding
But Cragg pointed out that tens of thousands of Delawareans are still unemployed, and he criticized Markell for gambling millions of taxpayer dollars trying to lure electric car maker Fisker Automotive and fuel cell manufacturer Bloom Energy to Delaware.
delaware, gov. jack markell, election, inside politics
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 55 min ago
- Splendid spring finale 40 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane 50 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody 45 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 43 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos 42 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies 32 min ago
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
55 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in...
45 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
50 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
43 min ago