Sen. Buono wins endorsement from Ocean Co. Democrats
TRENTON, N.J. - January 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Democratic gubernatorial candidate Barbara Buono has garnered another endorsement from a county party organization.
Ocean County Democrats announced their support for Buono during a party meeting Saturday in Toms River.
Buono has also been endorsed by the Democratic Party organizations in Somerset and Monmouth counties, while top Democrats in Middlesex County have pledged their support ahead of their upcoming party meeting. She also has the support of Sussex County Democratic Chairman Mike Busche.
Buono, who lives in Metuchen, is the only Democrat in the race so far. If she wins her party's nomination, she would face incumbent Republican Chris Christie in November.
Early polls show that any Democrat is likely to struggle against Christie, who has received widespread praise for his leadership during and after Superstorm Sandy.
new jersey, election, gov. chris christie, democrats, republicans, inside politics
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 41 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 49 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids