Sen. Buono wins endorsement from Ocean Co. Democrats
TRENTON, N.J. - January 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Democratic gubernatorial candidate Barbara Buono has garnered another endorsement from a county party organization.
Ocean County Democrats announced their support for Buono during a party meeting Saturday in Toms River.
Buono has also been endorsed by the Democratic Party organizations in Somerset and Monmouth counties, while top Democrats in Middlesex County have pledged their support ahead of their upcoming party meeting. She also has the support of Sussex County Democratic Chairman Mike Busche.
Buono, who lives in Metuchen, is the only Democrat in the race so far. If she wins her party's nomination, she would face incumbent Republican Chris Christie in November.
Early polls show that any Democrat is likely to struggle against Christie, who has received widespread praise for his leadership during and after Superstorm Sandy.
new jersey, election, gov. chris christie, democrats, republicans, inside politics
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?