Sen. Buono wins endorsement from Ocean Co. Democrats
TRENTON, N.J. - January 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Democratic gubernatorial candidate Barbara Buono has garnered another endorsement from a county party organization.
Ocean County Democrats announced their support for Buono during a party meeting Saturday in Toms River.
Buono has also been endorsed by the Democratic Party organizations in Somerset and Monmouth counties, while top Democrats in Middlesex County have pledged their support ahead of their upcoming party meeting. She also has the support of Sussex County Democratic Chairman Mike Busche.
Buono, who lives in Metuchen, is the only Democrat in the race so far. If she wins her party's nomination, she would face incumbent Republican Chris Christie in November.
Early polls show that any Democrat is likely to struggle against Christie, who has received widespread praise for his leadership during and after Superstorm Sandy.
new jersey, election, gov. chris christie, democrats, republicans, inside politics
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 56 min ago
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder 53 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
50 min ago