Rubio takes quick water break in GOP response
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Florida Sen. Marco Rubio's Republican response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union address included an impromptu water break to quench his thirst.
Rubio appeared to wipe away sweat during his rebuttal from the Speaker's conference room in the U.S. Capitol shortly after Obama's address. At one point, Rubio reached out with his left hand and took a quick swig of water from a small Poland Spring water bottle.
The brief sip of water lit up social media outlets such as Twitter, with people commenting on Rubio's thirst.
Garrett Jackson, Mitt Romney's personal aide during his 2012 presidential bid, tweeted that he "would have had that water bottle closer, had it been the Gov. Haha. Marco needs an aide."
Rubio tweeted a photo of the water bottle.
president barack obama, state of the union, washington, d.c., inside politics
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered
- Winds Ease Overnight 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera 13 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 15 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
9 min ago