Longtime Rendell adviser David Cohen backs Corbett
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - February 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Republican Gov. Tom Corbett has picked up an influential supporter with close ties to his Democratic predecessor in his expected bid for a second term.
David Cohen, executive vice president of Comcast Corp. and longtime political adviser to former Gov. Ed Rendell, confirmed Friday that he's supporting Corbett's re-election.
Cohen, a lawyer who was Rendell's chief of staff when he was Philadelphia's mayor, has supported both Democratic and Republican candidates over the years. He has held fundraisers for Corbett, including one at his home last month.
Brian Nutt, a longtime political adviser to Corbett, says the governor and Cohen have a solid working relationship that dates back to Corbett's two terms as state attorney general.
The online news agency Capitolwire was first to report the story.
gov. tom corbett, pennsylvania, inside politics
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police