Anthony Foxx in line for transportation post, White House says
WASHINGTON (AP) - April 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama on Monday will nominate Charlotte, N.C., Mayor Anthony Foxx as his new transportation secretary.
That's according to a White House official.
If confirmed by the Senate, Foxx would replace outgoing Secretary Ray LaHood.
Foxx is Obama's first black nominee among the new Cabinet members appointed for the second term. The president faced criticism early in his second term for a lack of diversity among his nominees.
The official insisted on anonymity to avoid public discussion of the pick before the official announcement.
white house, president barack obama, inside politics
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire 42 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 56 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
37 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
42 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
34 min ago
- Millions heading to Rome as 2 popes become...
53 min ago