Gov. Corbett hires 3rd chief of staff amid worries
HARRISBURG - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Gov. Tom Corbett says he's hiring his third chief of staff and his third secretary of legislative affairs in as many years as he struggles to improve his public image and his clout inside the Capitol.
Corbett made the announcement Wednesday, a day after The Associated Press reported that changes were expected among his top staff.
Veteran Republican lobbyist and political strategist Leslie Gromis Baker will replace Steve Aichele as Corbett's chief of staff. Aichele was Corbett's chief counsel when he took office in January 2011, but became chief of staff last year in a separate shake-up.
Corbett's legislative secretary Christopher Carusone is leaving after a year to become a partner in a Philadelphia-based law firm. Andrew Ritter, Carusone's deputy, will serve as his replacement on an acting basis.
pennsylvania news, inside politics
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 7 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 51 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 30 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began 34 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad