Governor Markell named to NGA executive committee
DOVER, Del. - August 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Gov. Jack Markell has been named to the nine-member executive committee of the National Governors Association.
The executive committee is the governing body of the NGA. Markell was tapped for the committee by the NGA Chair, Oklahoma Gov. Marry Fallin, and the Vice Chair, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper.
Markell, a Democrat, says he's honored to serve on the committee, which helps ensure that the association "remains a bipartisan forum for governors to share best practices" and come up with solutions.
delaware news, gov. jack markell, inside politics
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?