Governor Markell named to NGA executive committee
DOVER, Del. - August 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Gov. Jack Markell has been named to the nine-member executive committee of the National Governors Association.
The executive committee is the governing body of the NGA. Markell was tapped for the committee by the NGA Chair, Oklahoma Gov. Marry Fallin, and the Vice Chair, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper.
Markell, a Democrat, says he's honored to serve on the committee, which helps ensure that the association "remains a bipartisan forum for governors to share best practices" and come up with solutions.
delaware news, gov. jack markell, inside politics
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 57 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 16 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 28 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 24 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
24 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
50 min ago
More Inside Poltics
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos