Monday is Pa. deadline to register to vote Nov. 5
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - October 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Monday is the deadline for Pennsylvanians to register to vote in the Nov. 5 election.
Most of the balloting focuses on the election of judges, school board members and municipal officials across the state who make decisions about important local matters including public schools, taxes, criminal justice, police protection and road repairs.
The only statewide race is for an open seat on the state Superior Court. That contest pits Allegheny County Judge Jack McVay Jr., a Democrat, against Republican nominee Vic Stabile, a Harrisburg lawyer.
Two justices on the Pennsylvania Supreme Court - Chief Justice Ronald Castille and Justice Max Baer - face no oppositions as they seek additional 10-year terms in yes-or-no "retention" votes.
pennsylvania news, inside politics
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 13 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
48 min ago