Monday is Pa. deadline to register to vote Nov. 5
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - October 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Monday is the deadline for Pennsylvanians to register to vote in the Nov. 5 election.
Most of the balloting focuses on the election of judges, school board members and municipal officials across the state who make decisions about important local matters including public schools, taxes, criminal justice, police protection and road repairs.
The only statewide race is for an open seat on the state Superior Court. That contest pits Allegheny County Judge Jack McVay Jr., a Democrat, against Republican nominee Vic Stabile, a Harrisburg lawyer.
Two justices on the Pennsylvania Supreme Court - Chief Justice Ronald Castille and Justice Max Baer - face no oppositions as they seek additional 10-year terms in yes-or-no "retention" votes.
pennsylvania news, inside politics
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 26 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse 44 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed