Doctor gives Beau Biden clean bill of health
DOVER, Del. - February 24, 2014 (WPVI) -- Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden has refused to discuss details about his health after a recent scare, but one of his doctors is now offering a few details about Biden's surgery in August.
The News Journal reports Dr. W.K. Alfred Yung from the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center released a statement Friday saying Biden had a flawless surgery Aug. 20 to remove "a small lesion." Yung says he examined Biden again Nov. 11 and gave him "a clean bill of health."
Biden has made few public appearances since being hospitalized in August. But he attended the governor's State of the State speech last month.
Lawmakers and other officials noted Biden has lost weight and has a scar on the side of his head.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del.
delaware news, beau biden, inside politics
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower