Right Now On The Net
On the Net: Conficker stopped...for now
April 1, 2009 (WPVI) -- Search engine meets encyclopedia, Twitter made easy, red carpet dresses.
McAfee Conficker site
Search Engine Meets Encyclopedia
Encyclopedias may have been replaced by search engines, but there's one website out there that longs for an old fashioned kind of reference format.
Initially, kosmix.com presents itself as a typical search engine but the results page is a bit more organized and compact. As opposed to clicking through a number of pages to find what you need, kosmix.com breaks down your search into an easy view guide or dashboard, giving users a more encyclopedia entry look.
Twitter Made Easy
Can't keep up with all the twittering everyone is doing? We've found a way you can tinker your twitter time. And it's conveniently called tinker.com and it helps you filter your Twitter news feeds by keywords and categories. The site also showcases the latest buzz from Twitter and different outlets from across the social web.
Speaking out about Dining out
In this economy you don't want to waste a precious dining-out experience on a mediocre restaurant, so log on to Boorah.com and you don't have to worry about leaving a restaurant with a bad taste in your mouth. The site is a personalized review guide that offers a collection of online reviews from bloggers, professional critics and food-lovers about a restaurant, placing your dining choice on a scale of boo or rah.
Red Carpet Look Without Going Into the Red
Cocomyles.com says you don't have to spend thousands of dollars for a red carpet ensemble.
President Howard Bender says, "We offer our celebrity dresses in any color anyone would want."
The concept? Design the dress you want for your prom, bridesmaids or special event. Select the color and style combination and dress detail you envision and modify the look based on your body type or take a cue from the visions seen at the Oscars and Emmys for a fraction of the price.
Bender says, "It's the availability of style, so for instance, if you're a size 2 you may want a strapless, t-length, but your friend who's a size 24 may not want the same style of dress."
Once you design the dress, it takes three weeks to have it delivered and shipping is free.
right now on the net, erin o'hearn
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 32 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 12 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 28 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 30 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 26 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures