Websites and apps to help you lose weight
Many people pledge to get fit in the New Year, but keeping on track can be tough.
However, a lot of websites, iPhone apps and other smart phone programs can keep you motivated through the process.
"I just didn't think about it, ever. I just ate what I wanted," said Joyce Miele, who recently decided she was ready to drop the extra weight.
At 5'7" tall and 175 pounds, Joyce says she tried just about every diet. Then she downloaded "Lose It!" to her iPhone.
"For me, it made me aware of how many calories were actually in things," she said. "I think the first ten pounds came off so quickly."
Joyce says she found instant success. In just 3 months she dropped 35 pounds.
"Lose It!" works by first inputting your weight, and your goal. Then users log meals, snacks, and exercise.
There is even a link to look up restaurant and brand name foods to make tracking calories easy.
"Good Food Near You" takes the guess work out of finding healthy choices at restaurants. The app gives you access to menus, and nutritional information.
For dieters tracking calories, check out "calorie tracker" from Lance Armstrong's LiveStrong website.
The app has access to more than 450,000 food and restaurant items to help you stick with your goals.
You can either use LiveStrong for free, or pay for an upgrade to the premium service.
Keep fit with iFitness. The app offers users access to over 160 unique exercises. It includes photos and instructions so you don't have to hire a trainer. It costs 1.99
Step Track Lite is a free pedometer. It logs strolling, walking, and running and keeps track of how many calories you burn.
If you don't have access to an iPhone, that doesn't mean you can't stay on track on your desktop. "Dottie's Weight Loss Zone" offers tips on staying on track, has a list of calories and weight watcher points of thousands of foods from favorite restaurants.
Fitday.com allows dieters to keep a free diet and weight loss journal.
"12 weeks to Weight Loss" offers users 3 months worth of workouts as well as nutritional guides and motivational tips.
Finally, multi-tasking at its best! Woman Activity Tracker takes regular activities like vacuuming and even cooking and tracks them into steps, like a pedometer. Then you can calculate how many calories you've burned from doing everyday tasks.
weight loss, obesity, new year's, special reports, erin o'hearn
- New sighting reported of missing student's car 27 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs 1 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder 25 min ago
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Nurse assaulted at Cooper University Hospital 52 min ago
- Off-duty police officer hit by car in Logan 54 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 46 min ago
- Penn State penalities from Sandusky case argued 23 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa.
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
46 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's...
27 min ago
- Mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos