Shellac super manicure
Imagine a nail polish that doesn't smudge, peel, dent, nick, or even chip! Shellac is said to be just that.
The makers say Shellac paints on like a polish and wears like a gel.
"No chipping, no breaking, high shine, mirror finish and beautifully protected natural healthy nails," Angi Wingle of Creative Nail Design said.
Action News sent Kirsty Halliday and Lisa Allen to Louis Christian Wayne Robert Salon in Cherry Hill to see if the Shellac would live up to the hype.
The process is the same as a regular manicure: base coat, color plus a top coat, but each layer is quickly cured with a UV lamp. That means - no dry time!
"They came straight out of the machine and we were touching them straight away," Halliday said.
Right now, Shellac is only available in 12 shades and expect to pay more (roughly double).
Louis Christian Wayne Robert will charge $35.
For Lisa and Kirsty, they say if it lasts, they'd be happy to pay extra.
So the question is: if the polish doesn't wear off, how does it come off? Action News and 6abc.com will show you when we check back in with Kirsty and Lisa in 2 weeks.
Links and addresses to salons in our area that will offer Shellac starting this Saturday:
Louis Christian Wayne Robert Salon and Spa
1990 Route 70 East
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
112 Buck Road
Holland, PA 18966
Hair FX Studios
3007 Ocean Heights Ave.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
Reflections Hair Designs
939 E. Schuylkill Rd
Pottstown, PA 19465 www.reflectionshairdesigns.com (610) 323-2030
9436 State Road
Philadelphia, PA 19114 (215) 637-2511
Starting Monday, a list of more salons can be found here: http://www.cnd.com/Consumer.aspx
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 36 min ago
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington 56 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
36 min ago