Pay 6 forward: Ellen in Willingboro, New Jersey
February 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- There are those among us who make a difference everyday and we're glad that we've been able to recognize them with our Pay 6 Forward segment.
In Willingboro N.J. I headed out, about to hold up my sign reading "I'm giving away 600 ask me how."
Just seconds later people, came up asking me about it. So we explained the rules:
*You can't keep it yourself
*You can't be a relative or someone you live with
*The money needs to be a friend or a neighbor or someone from a church group who is going through a particularly hard time.
*They have to be available RIGHT THEN for the surprise!
Tamika Ttaylor told me all about her neighbor, Ellen Williams. Ellen's husband has congestive heart failure and she just put her father in hospice care. Still she drives Tamika to work every day and helps with her kids!
"She's adopted my kids like they're her grandkids," said Tamika Taylor of Willingboro, N.J. "How many times I said, 'I wish I had the money I would help her out.'"
We helped Tamika's wish come true! We surprised Ellen while she was waiting for her mom at the doctors. Ellen Williams/Willingboro, NJ INCUE: they said they want to bless you with something and I wanted to be the one to do it. wow. my mom's in the doctors here. this is so much. you haven't heard the best yet, today you're getting 600 dollars in cash thanks to channel 6. wow
Action News paid 6 forward to Tamika and finally, she got the chance to help her friend.
We asked Ellen how she manages to help neighbors when she has so much on her plate. She simply said it needs to be done. She's going through a lot right now, but she says she knows God will take care of her, like she takes care of her neighbors.
6at4, pay 6 forward, charity, burlington county, special reports, karen rogers
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay 26 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 52 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 56 min ago
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 48 min ago
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 57 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million 58 min ago
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
52 min ago