Pay 6 Forward: Roseann in Lansdale
September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sometimes you never know when some good fortune will come your way...
It didn't take long before we had people asking how they could get their hands on $600. So we had to explain the rules for all our Pay 6 Forward stories fell into place:
*You can't keep it yourself
*You can't be a relative or someone you live with
*The money needs to be a friend or a neighbor or someone from a church group who is going through a particularly hard time.
*They have to be available RIGHT THEN for the surprise!
Melinda Kohr wanted to help a friend who works with her in the grocery store.
"Her name is Roseann," Kohr told us, "I guess I've known her for 2 1/2 years."
We took off walking through the aisles of the grocery store to help out this single mom who's struggling to raise her 3 young children. Back to school expenses had just wiped out her checking out.
Roseann Gad came out from the customer service desk and we explained Pay 6 Forward.
"They asked if I knew someone who really needs it, and I instantly thought of you," Melinda told her friend.
"I'm going to be able to feed my children, be able to have a stock of food in the house and clothing for my kids. So, I am so blessed," Roseann said.
It turns out our gift, game just in time, because Roseann was in the middle of a very tough week.
"It's an issue of, 'Ddo I pay the bills or feed my children?'" she said. "What do you do when you're stuck in such a tough spot?"
So we Paid 6 Forward to Melinda and she finally was able to offer some real help to her struggling friend.
"My kids are just.... this is really going to help them. Thank you very much!"
Melinda says she feels blessed to have a job, even if she can't quite make ends meet.
We also have a new part of our Pay 6 Forward series underway. Just follow this link and tell us how you plan to pay it forward. Action News just might show up to help with your surprise.
6at4, pay 6 forward, charity, new jersey, special reports, karen rogers
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 4 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos